Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Infrequently Sought

Oh life with attentions all focused on me,
Oh life with intentions spent all selfishly,
Oh life with possessions so needlessly bought
Then Savior--my Savior--infrequently sought!

Oh life with philosophies grand in the mind
With esteem of the self leading multitudes blind,
Oh life with the right of each man's own heart taught
Oh Savior--my Savior--infrequently sought!

Oh life with it's searching the skies for a sign;
With babes, if they live, taught they have no design;
Oh life with its millions in vain searchings caught
Oh Savior--my Savior--infrequently sought!

Oh life with its starving for natural food
Oh life with those largely too full of good
Oh world overcome with your houses of draught
Oh Savior--my Savior--infrequently sought!

Oh Savior who from the beginning has loved,
Oh Savior who with our Redemption has moved--
Who whispers in whirlwinds, "Here Me as you ought!
Oh mankind! My mankind! Eternally sought!"

No comments:

Post a Comment